Gainesville's First in Fine Jewelry Quality is an essential, not a luxury

Pearls: The Birthstone of June

Natural pearls have been coveted for thousands of years as symbols of status and wealth. In fact, the oldest written mention of natural pearls was recorded by a Chinese historian in 2206BC. In the subsequent centuries the demand for natural pearls remained very strong. Royal families and wealthy citizens throughout Asia, Europe, and elsewhere treasured natural pearls and kept them in their families for generations.

Read more

Emerald: The May Birthstone

The radiance of its color makes the emerald a very unique gemstone. However, emerald almost always has some inclusions. These fissures, small crystal and even bubbles often mar the evenness of the gemstone’s color. These are signs of the turbulent genesis which has characterized the creation of this gemstone. Fine inclusions do not diminish the high regard in which it is held.

Read more

Mother’s Day Jewelry – Gift Ideas

Brittany’s Picks for Mother’s Day Gifts

Mother's Day Jewelry Gift Ideas

Mother’s Day is a day to show your mother how much they mean to you and the rest of the family. We have some ideas for jewelry gifts that your mom might find dazzling this Mother’s Day.

What Jewelry Does Mom Love?

Before you go to buy a gift,

Read more

Diamond: The April Birthstone

Diamond is the only gem made of a single element. Most diamonds are approximately 99.95 percent carbon. The other 0.05 percent can include one or more trace elements, which are atoms that aren’t part of the diamond’s essential chemistry. These trace elements can influence its color or crystal shape. Diamond forms under high temperature and pressure conditions that exist only within a specific depth range of about 100 miles beneath the earth’s surface.

Read more

Gold Jewelry Guide: Differences Between Types of Gold

Gold jewelry guide

Throughout history, gold has been prized for its natural beauty and radiance. For this reason, gold has been used in jewelry for ages. Gold is enduring element that is resistant to rust, tarnish, corrosion, and it’s also the most malleable of all precious metals.

Purity

Pure gold is too soft for everyday wear, so it is alloyed with a mixture of metals like silver,

Read more

Aquamarine: The March Birthstone

Aquamarine March birthstone jewelry
Aquamarine, like emerald, is a color variety of the mineral beryl. Emerald is green to bluish green while aquamarine is usually a light pastel greenish blue. Heat treatment usually gives it a more bluish appearance.

The name “aquamarine” is derived from two Latin words: aqua, meaning “water,” and marina, meaning “of the sea.”  Some people referred to aquamarine as “the sailor’s stone.” Sailors would take aquamarines on sea journeys and toss them in to the ocean as gifts to Poseidon to assure a safe voyage.

Read more

Engagement Rings: Rose Gold and Mixed Metal Trends

The engagement ring is one of the most exciting and share-worthy aspects of your upcoming wedding. But if you’re looking for something as unique as the love you share with your partner, mixed metal rings may be the perfect fit for you.

Choosing a precious metal for your engagement ring is an important decision. Unlike other jewelry, this piece will be worn every day for the rest of your life.

Read more

Amethyst: The February Birthstone

Amethyst February Birthstone

History of Amethyst

Amethyst has been the most sought after quartz variety gemstone for centuries. Since Amethyst was as expensive as rubies and emeralds, it was available only to royalty. This changed in the 19th Century, when large deposits were discovered in Brazil. Today, because it is plentiful and affordable, amethyst is used in mass-market jewelry and more exceptional stones are found in designer pieces.

Read more

Fine Jewelry: The Perfect Valentine’s Day Gifts for Her or Him

Fine Jewelry For Valentine’s Day

Choosing the perfect jewelry for Valentine’s Day Gifts does not have to be daunting. You are ready to invest in jewelry that the man or woman in your life will cherish for years to come – but what do you get? For her, a simple pair of earrings or an elegant necklace? For him,

Read more

MENU