3 Tips to Buying the Best Quality Rainbow Gemstone Jewelry
It’s the first month of the year, and already the biggest jewelry trend is making waves. Unlike the latest fashion trends in accessories like handbags and shoes, fine jewelry trends take a long time to emerge, where each piece is a major investment.
The colors of the rainbow signify luck or a gift from the gods, and many cultures around the world have stories and customs surrounding the rainbow itself. It’s no surprise, then, that the rainbow gemstone jewelry trend has entranced fine jewelry fans this year.
At Brittany’s Fine Jewelry, we have our finger on the pulse of fine jewelry trends, and rainbow gemstone jewelry is certainly a trend that is here to stay. But with every trend comes a wave of low-quality pieces that mimic the best quality ones. As Gainesville’s most trusted jewelry for 30 years, our experts have compiled three tips to help you choose and buy the best quality rainbow gemstone jewelry
1) Buy from Reputable Jewelers
It is easy to find jewelry online these days, and while many of these online retailers offer low prices for seemingly good quality jewelry, it’s often too good to be true. You will want to find jewelers with experience appraising and selling fine jewelry. A reputable jeweler will select gemstones that are high quality, genuine, and certified.
2) Have Your Rainbow Gemstone Jewelry Certified
When it comes to rainbow gemstone jewelry, it’s relatively easy to mimic the look with lesser quality materials, such as Swarovski crystal, Cubic Zirconia, glass, and acrylic. These materials offer a beautiful look, but they don’t stand the test of time and don’t offer the long-term shimmer of real gemstones. If you’re unsure of the quality of your gemstone jewelry, we recommend you have your jewelry inspected by a trusted jeweler or the Gemological Institute of America.
At Brittany’s Fine Jewelry, we’re proud to partner with the GIA and use their standards to inspect the quality of each piece of gemstone jewelry we offer.
3) Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions
If you’re considering a piece of rainbow gemstone jewelry, you know that a quality piece is an investment. A trusted and reputable jeweler won’t shy away from questions from their customers. If you are prepared with the right questions on gemstone jewelry, you’ll know the quality of your new piece of jewelry before you buy. The Better Business Bureau has outlined some questions you can ask before you buy:
- Ask whether the gemstone is natural, synthetic or imitation.
- Ask whether the gemstone was treated in any way.
- Learn to use a jeweler’s loupe (small magnifier) to see inside the stone to check if it is chipped or damaged in any way; ask the salesperson to educate you about the quality of the gemstone.
- Be sure you get everything in writing. A sales receipt or appraisal listing the quality of the gemstone is considered a contract and is your only means of proving what you have been told.
- Read all warranties and guarantees before buying the jewelry.
- Ask for a certificate of replacement cost or appraisal listing the special qualities of your gemstone to accompany your receipt.
- Ask about the cleaning and care of the gemstone.
Let Brittany’s Fine Jewelry Help You Find Rainbow Gemstone Jewelry
If you’re in the market for a trendy piece of rainbow gemstone jewelry, we can help you find a piece that is of the utmost quality. Our jewelry experts have been working with the residents of Gainesville, FL for more than 30 years, and our philosophy is to provide the best quality jewelry on the market. We’re proud to offer the best jewelry collections in Gainesville, and the quality is always up to the highest standards. Visit our store and see our selection of rainbow gemstone jewelry today!